What is it that I do?? I’m glad you asked. I provide a service known as Copy Editing. Copy editing is what is typically offered for an author who wants a thorough edit. With a copy edit, the following items are addressed:
- Grammar (e.g.: word usage, contractions, length, flow, etc….)
- Spelling (e.g.: Receive as opposed to Recieve)
- Punctuation (quotations marks, colons, semi-colons, apostrophes, commas, question marks, exclamation marks)
- Usage (e.g.: their v there v they’re, lose v loose, two v to v too, etc….)
- Consistency (e.g.: blue eyes referenced in page 10, but later changed to green)
- Flow (e.g.: does it flow? Is it choppy? Is it too long or too short?)
* Rates begin at $.005 a word ($5.00 for every 1,000 words; $50.00 for every 10,000 words). A review of your manuscript is needed to determine the necessary time and correlating rate. I use MS-Word Track and Changes for all edits.
Please note that if significant issues are found while working on a manuscript, we may have to discuss additional fees due to added time accordingly. Additionally, please note that all or part of payment may not be refundable if you cancel beforehand or during actual edits.
I am also willing to do a sample edit of up to 3,000 words for $50.00. Should you move forward with editing I will credit said charge to the final cost. If not, the money is non-refundable but the edits are yours to keep.
Beta and Proofreading
Beta and proofreading are offered as well. Beta reading is basically reading a story and giving honest feedback about the story, the characters, plot, etc before it is published. Proofreading is a basic readthrough of the story looking for misspells and punctuation issues only. Fees for these services vary based on story length.
For more information or to request any services, please email me at lilyroseediting[at]gmail[dot]com or use the contact form below.